[Buffalo-pm] November Meeting

Jim Brandt cbrandt at buffalo.edu
Tue Nov 16 08:40:31 CST 2004

Proposed next meeting time and location:

7 PM
Thursday, November 18
242 Bell Hall

Topic: Slim Devices Squeezebox

Last month we set the topic for the meeting, but we hadn't nailed down
the time.

First things first:

* Can we meet at this day and time in this room?

* Can the volunteers bring the actual squeezeboxes to the meeting? I
think we had two people who volunteered to bring them in. No
squeezeboxes--no meeting.

* Should we bring a radio or boombox to hook it up?

Details:

Slim Devices makes a digital jukebox hardware device and all of the
source code running it is open-source perl code. We thought it would be
cool to play with one of these devices. Possible loose agenda:

* Try to hookup and use the squeezebox from a Mac, Linux, and Windows
computer;

* Look at the available plug-ins and try them:

http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_plugins.html

* Maybe try to hack on one of the plug-ins? Hey, it's just Perl code.