[Buffalo-pm] Lightning Talk Reminder

Robert Raux robert_raux at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 6 09:32:09 CDT 2003

Hi All--

Just taking a look at who signed up for lightning talks this Thursday
and I'm a little disappointed!  Please take the time to sign up, let's
have some fun with this.

Remember, the meeting is:
-----------------
Thursday, October 9, 2003
242 Bell Hall (subject to change)
7:00 p.m.
UB North Campus
------------------

The lightning talk details (off the website)

Lightning Talks are 5-10-minute talks about anything you want to share
about Perl:

      * Your favorite modules
      * An interesting one-liner
      * A cool thing you did with Perl
      * Something you like (or hate) about Perl
      * Comparing Perl to another programming language
      * Etc....
This is an evening meeting where everyone can (and SHOULD) participate.
Five to ten minutes goes by faster than you think: it's a great
opportunity to talk about something without the pressure of putting
together a full talk. It's a great forum to discuss a subject that
doesn't need a long discussion.

Sign up at http://buffalo.pm.org/kwiki/index.cgi?BuffaloLightningTalks

If you're interested in *exactly* what this talk is, take a look at
http://perl.plover.com/lightning-talks.html

I look forward to seeing you all there and I sure hope that we have some
more sign-ups.  Don't be shy!

Rob