[Buffalo-pm] Reminder: Perl Mongers Meeting Today!

Robert Raux robert_raux at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 13 10:29:33 CST 2003

What:  Perl Mongers Meeting
Where: Alternative Brews on 3488 Sheridan Drive in Amherst, NY.
When:  7:00 pm, TODAY, Thursday the 13th.

If someone gets there before me, just ask for the tables reserved under
"Rob" (Thanks to Kevin for that).

What we will be doing:

(1) I will be giving a little talk on Perl internals.  Nothing too
boring, I thought 10 minutes on why you might want to use Perl in a C
program, or C in a Perl program.  I will bring some basic examples and a
couple of tips from my limited experiences.  This should be something
different to think about and last perhaps 10 minutes or so.

(2) Hoping that someone will bring something interesting to talk about or
display. [see below].

(3) Discussing the latest happenings in the Perl world.

There is still time to bring an idea, a discussion, a favorite module, a
little script for us all to digest.  Just bring a couple of printer
handouts.  If one or two people do this, the meeting will be much more
productive and entertaining.  No need to even tell me, just show up with
a smile and a topic.

See you all there at 7pm.

Rob
--