[Buffalo-pm] November 13th Buffalo Perl Mongers Meeting

Kevin Christopher bpm at binarymojo.net
Thu Nov 6 23:36:53 CST 2003

Buffalo Perl Mongers List Members:

Hope everyone's doing well. I have a couple of items to bring up:

(1) Escape from North Campu-traz!

The next Buffalo Perl Mongers Meeting will be held on Thursday the 13th at
7:00 pm at Alternative Brews on 3488 Sheridan Drive in Amherst, NY.

This time, it might be a good idea to have two or three members to commit
to talking on some topic without, of course, any AV (Maybe an outline, or
a page of code would work if you really felt you needed to illustrate
something). What we'll need is suggestions -- and volunteers -- from this
list.

Ron Raux will be the contact for the meeting (
mailto:robert_raux at fastmail.fm ). I'm going to be out of town on the 13th.

(2) I'll be making some long overdue updates to the buffalo.pm.org index
page ASAP (apologies to anyone who had sent me their talk notes from the
last meeting: I'll *finally* get them on the site).

REMINDER:

The Buffalo-pm wiki at http://buffalo.pm.org/kwiki/ is currently set at
public privileges for *everyone* on the list to modify (except for the
index page), as long we don't encounter any abuse/defacing. This wiki is
***YOURS*** to add your own wiki pages: personal pages, your thoughts on
Perl topics, Perl news, code samples, etc., are all fair game. In fact,
I'll add those very WikiWords to the index page to set up some suggestive
organization: everyone can then link through those WikiWord links to pages
where they can then set up their own pages in turn.

If you're new to (K)wikis, there's a KwikiHelpIndex link where you can
learn more about how to use and navigate through (K)wiki. In a nutshell,
you can create and edit pages in place from your browser. @|^|`

- Kevin