[Buffalo-pm] Stumped on mod_perl problem

Kevin Eye eye at buffalo.edu
Thu Jun 26 16:16:06 CDT 2003

Did you install the mod_perl-devel RPM? It seems like this is a
separate package on Mandrake, and will be necessary in order to compile
stuff that uses mod_perl. That's essentially what you're doing when you
install EmbPerl or Mason. If you can't find mod_perl.c anywhere it's
probably because it's in that -devel package.

I could be totally wrong, though -- I've never installed mod_perl from
an RPM before, and I've never used Mandrake, either.

  - Kevin

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 10:53  AM, Kevin Christopher wrote:

> I am running Mandrake 8.2 on my box at home. I've installed mod_perl
> and
> it seems to be working fine, no problems (superficially anyway) with
> the
> Apache API.
>
> However, I'm having a hell of a time trying to get Mason and or
> Embperl up
> and running. No matter how much I fiddle around with three config
> files (
> httpd.conf, http-perl.conf and commonhttpd.conf ), I cannot get the
> Mason
> or Emperl config directives to work. The problem seems to hinge on not
> being able to find mod_perl.so or mod_perl.c. In fact, I can't find
> these
> myself in my module directory or anywhere else on my system for that
> matter. Yet, mod_perl seems to be running fine and I haven't had any
> problem until attempting to use a dependent module.
>
> Has anyone else had an issue like this? BTW installed mod_perl, etc.
> from
> RPMs.
>
> -Kevin C.

Kevin Eye