[Buffalo-pm] Correction and Another Update

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at panix.com
Thu Jul 24 08:15:07 CDT 2003

"Kevin Christopher" <bpm at binarymojo.net> writes:

> (2) I've received 3 positive responses while trolling for gurus to speak
> at upcoming BPM meetings:

Dan Sugalski and MJD are both gods to me.  I'd be very interested in
hearing them speak---at least as much as Randal but possibly more
because I'd seen him a year or two previously.

Excellent work.

As far as other speakers go, did you speak to Brian Mathis
<bmathis at directedge.com> at all?  He is the person behind the
Rochester Perl Mongers group (now sadly in decline if not dead) and at
the very least would probably be pleased to know about this group.

> - Dick Hart (ActiveState) say he'll gladly speak to our group the
> next time he's in the region, but there's no actual date that he
> mentioned when he'll find himself up here.

I saw Dick at the YAPC Canada in May; he gave a good presentation and
answered a number of insightful questions from the floor about where
ActiveState came from and where it's going.

Do list members have anything to say about the Pony effort (rewriting
Perl 5 to use Parrot)?
--
Stay up-to-date on what I'm doing lately:
                                 http://www.panix.com/~jasonp