[Brisbane-pm] Request for Expressions of interest in a regular Perl Mongers Meet-up

Damian James damian at eidsvold.net
Tue Apr 3 14:57:24 PDT 2012

Mark,

Excellent to see someone picking this up. I tried something similar a few
years ago, didn't end up with much by way of interest. Didn't offer food,
of course :)

While the other groups you mention could be regarded as constraints, think
of them as areas of overlapping interest too - especially Python. I'd add
HUMBUG (if that's still around) and SAGE-AU as well. Perl is a well trodden
path for sysadminly types.

Not sure I'll be up for regular meetings or delivering talks in the near
future, though certainly interested in both. Haven't used Perl in anger for
years now, but with some notice could definitely present on something or
other sometime. Availability is difficult though.

Mark, if you're keen to take over managing this mailing list, you're most
welcome. I'm happy to continue though.

Cheers,
drj