[Brisbane-pm] SAGE-AU 2008 Call for Participation

jacinta.richardson at member.sage-au.org.au jacinta.richardson at member.sage-au.org.au
Tue Mar 25 18:23:18 PDT 2008

SAGE-AU invites the members of Brisbane PM
to submit proposals to the 16th Australian System Administrators'
Conference.

[Please forward this invitation to anyone you feel would be interested]

Final call for presentations!  Proposals are due next Monday - 31st March.

16th Annual System Administrators' Conference (SAGE-AU 2008)
The System Administrators' Guild of Australia
Adelaide, 11-15th August 2008

SAGE-AU was formed to advance the profession of System Administration by
raising awareness of the need for System Administrators, and educating
System Administrators in technical as well as professional issues.  Our
yearly conference provides a forum for System Administrators of all
platforms and levels of experience to gather together and share their
experiences.  Further it provides an excellent opportunity to meet and
network with acknowledged experts in the field.

SAGE-AU 2008 will be held in Adelaide from the 11th-15th August.

Theme
-----

This year our theme is Greening our Computers.  We particularly encourage
talks on how to make carbon-neutral data centres, working with low-power
devices and similar.  If you have any talks or tutorials on this kind of
material, please submit them!

Tutorials and Papers
--------------------

SAGE-AU is seeking tutorials (full and half-day) and talks relevant to System
Administration for the 16th Annual System Administrators' Conference.  For
the full Call for Presentations text please visit:

	http://www.sage-au.org.au/x/Xg8

SAGE-AU 2008 Adelaide - Submission Dates

Call for Papers/Tutorials Issued        12th February 2008
Proposals Due                           31st March 2008
Provisional Notification                28th April 2008
Draft Paper/Tutorials Due                2nd June 2008
Confirmed Acceptance and Contracts      16th June 2008
Final Paper/Tutorial Materials Due      14th July 2008

For all information, contacts and updates, see the SAGE-AU conference web
site at http://www.sage-au.org.au/display/conf/