[Brisbane-pm] SAGE-AU 2008's Tutorial Program

jarich at perltraining.com.au jarich at perltraining.com.au
Sun Jul 6 20:27:57 PDT 2008

Dear Brisbane PM members,

[Please forward this invitation to anyone you feel would be interested]

Registration for the sixteenth annual Australian System
Administrators' conference (SAGE-AU 2008) is now open.  Book before
Friday July 11th to receive a 15% discount.

        http://www.sage-au.org.au/display/conf/Registration

Key information:

        11th July:              Early Bird Date
        11th - 13th August:     Training Program
        14th - 15th August:     Technical Program

        Holiday Inn Adelaide
        65 Hindley Street
        Adelaide
        South Australia

SAGE-AU is the System Administration industry body in Australia.  It
exists to support all Australian system administrators, raise
awareness of the profession and provide education in technical and
professional issues.  Our yearly conference provides a forum for
System Administrators of all platforms and levels of experience to
gather together and share their experiences.  Further it provides an
excellent opportunity to meet and network with acknowledged experts in
the field.

Training programme attendance will include a tea break, lunch and
printed reference material.  The more training courses you attend, the
cheaper each one is.  For unit prices please see:
http://www.sage-au.org.au/display/conf/Pricing

Our tutorial program is included below:

                  Room 1                         Room 2

Monday 11th August:
Morning:   Management 101: Effective    Building and Using WLAN Security
           Communication                Assessment Tools

Afternoon: Management 201: Effective    Hiring Great Technical People
           Team Management of System
           Administrators

Tuesday 12th August:
Morning:   Time Management for System   MySQL Replication & Backup
           Administrators               Strategies

Afternoon: Help! Everyone hates our     Introduction to Dtrace

Wednesday 13th August:
All-day:   Effective Change Manage-     Efficient Administration of
           ment - Making System         Debian-based Systems
           Integrity Easy

A tea break will occur roughly half way through each tutorial.

For more information on what each training unit covers, please follow
the links from the schedule:

http://www.sage-au.org.au/display/conf/Training+Program

To see the technical program please visit:

        http://www.sage-au.org.au/display/conf/Technical+Program

You can help make this conference be the best system administrators'
conference ever, just by turning up and participating.  We look
forward to sharing this great conference with you.

Many thanks go to our Platinum Sponsors: Internode and Tas, our Gold
Sponsor: Ironport our Silver Sponsor: RedHat.

        Jacinta Richardson
        SAGE-AU Program Coordinator