[Brisbane-pm] Lost in OSX

Martin Jacobs martin_jacobs at optusnet.com.au
Tue Sep 18 02:02:17 PDT 2007

Hi PerlMongers,

Do any of you work in Mac OS X?

I've got some pretty basic questions, such as...

1 I thought I installed Perl 5.8.8 from ActiveState, but when I type
perl -v in terminal it says...

This is perl, v5.8.6 built for darwin-thread-multi-2level

What gives?

2 How do I install modules, in particular DateTime?

3 I can't find the Perl Package Manager on my system. Nor can my
launcher, or spotlight.

4 I've got a workaround for this, but how do I tell Mac OS X to open
a .pl file with Perl? At present I'm running it in terminal with a
perl perrmoss.pl command.

Regards,
Martin
Visit my website...