[Brisbane-pm] OSDC 2007 Program is available

jarich at osdc.com.au jarich at osdc.com.au
Wed Oct 10 22:41:21 PDT 2007

Dear Brisbane PM members,

Registrations are open for the Open Source Developers' Conference 2007:
http://www.osdc.com.au/registration/index.html

Book before THIS SUNDAY - 14th October to save $50 and get a free conference
t-shirt!

Key information:

	14th October		- Early bird date

	26th November 		- Tutorials
	27th - 29th November	- Technical program
	28th November		- Google Conference Dinner

	Royal on the Park Hotel
	Cnr Alice & Albert Streets
	Brisbane CBD
	Queensland

The Open Source Developers' Conference is an Australian conference covering
talks about software development for open source languages and projects;
regardless of operating system.  There will be 3-4 streams of talks over
the three days of technical program, with combined keynotes at the start
of each day.  Morning and afternoon teas, and lunch will be provided.  The
Google Conference Dinner will be held on the night of the 28th November
(each full registration includes one ticket (until sold out)).

Talks this year include:

	* "Packaging Perl Applications: From CPAN To Your Project"
		by Kirrily Robert

	* "Integrating PHP and Active Directory" by Scott Barnett

	* "Commercial Open Source with Python: Experiences from the
	  Trenches: Developing a Commercial Python Open Source Project"
	  by Juergen Brendel

	* "Why would a Java Shop want to use Ruby?" by Keith Pitty

	* "Unfair advantage - Taking on .net with a world-beating open
	   source stack" by Stuart Guthrie

To see more and view the program please visit:

http://www.cgpublisher.com/conferences/107/web/program-detail.html

Conference keynote presenters include Rusty Russell (opening), Rasmus
Lerdorf, Paul Fenwick (dinner), Kimberlee Weatherall, Nat Torkington
(closing), and plenaries by Ian Clatworthy and Melissa Draper!

You can help us make this conference be the best developers' conference
this year just by turning up and participating!  We look forward to sharing
this great conference with you.

If your business would like to benefit from exposure to many of Australia's
best open source developers then perhaps you should consider sponsorship.
We have a wide range of sponsorship options, to find out more information
please visit: http://www.osdc.com.au/sponsors/index.html

Many thanks go to our sponsors: Apress, Brisbane PHP, BuilderAU, Common Ground,
Google, Linux Magazine, Opengear, Open Query, Red Hat, realestate.com.au,
Sun Microsystems, Trolltech, Woodslane, Zac-Ware/Freeway.

	Jacinta Richardson
	OSDC Publicity Officer

PS:  There will be a total of 4 of these messages from me over the next
month and a bit.  If this is unacceptable, please let me know and I won't
send the others to you.