[Brisbane-pm] Passing Refs into a Sub ctd...

Martin Jacobs martin_jacobs at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 25 17:18:13 PST 2007

Folks,

Thanks to Jacinta for her comments and suggestions.

Jacinta tells me that my previous attempts that hurt her eyes, and
that I am making it far more difficult than it needs to be. I fully
sympathize. I feel like someone who is learning a foreign language,
and when I try to say "bonjour", it comes across as "may the seed of
your loins be fruitful in the belly of your woman". It is
embarrassing; its not appropriate, not elegant and not robust.
Finding a strategy that is succinct, elegant and robust has given me
a three-month headache, which is why I have asked for your help.

I have revised my trial code according to Jacinta's comments, as
attached. I have included some comments in the code in an attempt to
explain to myself what I have done. I note Jacinta's preference to
pass scalars into subs as values, not as references.

Again, I would appreciate any comments.

Regards,
Martin
Visit my website...