[Brisbane-pm] WSDL::Generator

Geoff Toogood fof at brainstorm.net.au
Wed Oct 25 01:36:42 PDT 2006

Hello all,

Has anyone had any experience with the WSDL::Generator or SOAP::Lite servers
and nuSOAP (php)???

I am currently trying to use the WSDL::Generator module to generate a WSDL
file for a small "hello world" web service that is using the
SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI module to create a SOAP::Lite server. I am trying
to use a WSDL file generated by WSDL::Generator with nuSOAP (a SOAP php
module) to access the web-service (this service works fine with a SOAP::Lite
client of course) . I don't know why but I keep getting errors. I don't know
if you can help but I have attached the cgi script, the perl module i am
trying to access and the stuff i used to generate the WSDL file and the php
scripts.

WorldFunctions.pm = perl module for webservice
worldfunctions.pl = cgi script to run SOAP::Lite server.

gen_wsdl_demo.pl = script that used WSDL::Generator to gen the WSDL file.

demo.wsdl = wsdl generated by WSDL::Generator
demo.php = nuSOAP attempt to access the Hello subroutine in
WorldFunctions.pm

The error I get in PHP which seems to come from SOAP::Lite ....

[faultcode] => soap:Client [faultstring] => Denied access to method
(HelloRequestSoapMsg) in class (main) at /usr/share/perl5/SOAP/Lite.pm line
2509

I don't suppose you could point me in the right direction? Or show me how I
can get this working so I can use it as a model for a webservice I need to
create?

Please point me to relevant docs or examples if you know of any so I can
work it out myself...

Thanks very much in advance,

FOF