Greetings and Group Leader stuff (was Re: [Brisbane-pm] Greetings to the list)

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Mon Mar 28 15:54:13 PST 2005

Adam Kennedy wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I thought I'd just say hello to the list, since it's high time I got on
> here instead of just hanging out on the Sydney list.
>
> In the spirit of the intros from a couple of months ago, my name's Adam
> Kennedy and I'm currently living in Lismore, a couple of hours to the
> South.

G'day Adam,

Good to see you!  Welcome to Brisbane PM.

I was wondering whether you'd like to take on the fun job of being the Brisbane
PM leader?  I'm certain you'd be perfect for the job.  ;)

G'day all Brisbane PMers,

The current leader of Brisbane PM (Gordon) is residing in Manchester and whilst
I've put my hand up for the job (as a temporary measure) I'm not an ideal
candidate since I live in far-away Melbourne.  As the Brisbane-PM leader you'd
be responsible for keeping the website up to date, and handling any email sent
to the list from a non-subscriber.  You'll have to get an auth.pm.org account
and work through WebDAV.  You can read more in the FAQ:
http://groups.pm.org/faq.html

If you are willing to take on this fun and exciting position send email to
support at pm.org with

	[perl #34516] Brisbane.pm - change of group leader request

in the subject.  This will make Jay (the pm.org manager dealing with my
request), Gordon (the current leader) and myself very happy.  :)

With great thanks to Jay and Gordon, the website has been updated with the
correct mailing list details.  As the new Brisbane PM leader you may choose to
make further updates at your discretion.

In other news, Sydney PM has come back after a long sleep.  The first meeting
was a get together in a pub in February.  March's meeting included talks from
Robert Spier (of RT and perl.org fame) as well as from Paul Fenwick and myself.
    The meeting happened to coincide with SAGE-AU NSW's meeting and there was a
nice bit of cross-polination at the end.  The next meeting is looking like it'll
be fun too.

If any of you think that starting meetings might be a good idea, you could try
to piggy-back off an existing group's meetings.  Wellington PM have their
meeting immediately before the Wellington Linux User Group meeting, in the same
place.  This takes the pressure off having to find a location.  Alternately,
pubs are really good places to start too.

All the best,

     Jacinta

--
    ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
     `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |