[Brisbane-pm] Greetings to the list

Adam Kennedy cpan at ali.as
Fri Mar 25 03:44:23 PST 2005

Hi folks

I thought I'd just say hello to the list, since it's high time I got on
here instead of just hanging out on the Sydney list.

In the spirit of the intros from a couple of months ago, my name's Adam
Kennedy and I'm currently living in Lismore, a couple of hours to the South.

I'm a pretty heavy Perl developer. I've got a Perl software research and
development company here ( http://phase-n.com/ ), I've written a number
of CPAN modules ( about 60 or so at last count,
http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/ ), and I'm currently starting a second
Perl-using company to create software products for the motor industry.
(no website yet).

I was curious if anyone is interested in organising a Brisbane.pm
meeting some time. The few times I'm down in Sydney I seem to keep
missing their meetings, and it would be nice to get together with a
bunch of other Perl coders from time to time.

It would probably also be handy to get a feel of what skills and
capacities are available in Brisbane from the various list members that
we can draw on if needed. I've certainly noticed there's a bit of a Perl
jobs boom on at the moment, so being able to hand of work to each other
might help ease out some of the peeks and troughs. It certainly seems to
have helped the OSIA linux guys out a lot in this regard.

So, anyone up for a meeting some time, say next month?

Adam Kennedy
Director, Phase N Australia
http://phase-n.com/