[Brisbane-pm] Brisbane.PM and Perl.net.au

Robert Loomans robertl at apnic.net
Wed Apr 6 19:05:31 PDT 2005

> I've recently established http://perl.net.au/ with the intent of this
> acting as a portal for all things Perl in Australia and New Zealand.

Thanks, Paul and Jacinta, for the ongoing effort you both put in, in the
face of the enormous apathy of the local Perl community (my own included).

> I'd also love to gain feedback on whether anyone would think it's a
> particularly good or bad idea to redirect the current brisbane.pm.org
> to the perl.net.au page.

I think it's a great idea.

I think that Wikis are a great tool. Particularly if someone cares
enough to provide a little oversight to ensure it keeps ticking over and
doesn't get vandalised (Thanks again, Paul ;).

In a virtual community where the round-to-it quota per capita is so
small, the last thing we need is for people who *do* get around to doing
something helpful, having to jump through hoops to do it.

Cheers,
	Rob

--
Robert Loomans, Programmer/Analyst                   <robertl at apnic.net>
Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC)   Phone: +61-7-3858-3100