[Brisbane-pm] Introductions

Gordon Fletcher G.Fletcher at salford.ac.uk
Thu Aug 5 05:39:28 CDT 2004

Hi

I will take up Jacinta's suggestion to post an introduction.

I'm Gordon - I started this group a number of years ago. When I
say started I mean I got the pm.org guys to set up a listserver.

At the time I was working at Griffith University doing flexible
learning development and writing Perl code - primarily CGI stuff. I
moved onto the Gold Coast for a while and wrote a meta-search
engine for a bunch of 'guys' in Surfers also mucked around with a
number of mail hacks and a number of 'evil' robots (I can say that
now).

After that I went back to teaching at Uni and that's how I've ended
up sending an email from Salford Uni (Manchester) where I now
teach Java and torture my students by making them write
biorhythm generators, bad poetry makers and text concordancers
(some things never change).

Apologies for not being able to make the get together.

Gordon