[Brisbane-pm] Introductions

Robert McArthur mcarthur at dstc.edu.au
Mon Aug 2 23:53:10 CDT 2004

Hello,
I'm a researcher at a private company (cum university research
arm, cum industry research arm, cum... hey, it's a CRC :-).
I use Perl regularly in everything from creating largish
prototypes and proof of concept systems, down to writing one
liners to munge data. We've recently migrated a prototype
in OO Perl into its next incarnation (in C). I also do all my
web CGI work in perl. I've been perl'ing since about 1989
when I used it to munge rainfall data looking at the history
and prevalence of drought around Australia; it was as good
and useful then as it is now :-) I also taught it, on the sly,
at QUT for a few years when I worked there as a lecturer.

There are some people I work with who are trying to lure me
to the darkside (Python), but I've thus far resisted :-)
I'm one of the perl gurus in the organisation (but in *no*
way have that status outside where people know something).

Cheers
Robert McArthur
DSTC P/L