[BNE-PM] My 0 liner

Don.Simonetta at mincom.com Don.Simonetta at mincom.com
Thu Sep 19 17:26:01 CDT 2002

I don't usually use perl for one liner commands (except to check syntax
of things I'm trying out). So I don't really have much to contribute.
But I remember an example I'd seen in a tutorial. I looked this up again
today and realised I can do something really powerful without even
writing 1 line of perl code! Here is my simplified version of the
example:

perl -p -i.bak -e '' <file list>

This will take a list of files and create copies of them with (in this
case) a ".bak" extension.

--
This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential information.  If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  The contents of this e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.