[BNE-PM] What do you use Perl for?

Mike Bissett paran01d at operamail.com
Mon Aug 19 20:56:19 CDT 2002

Don,

We use openLDAP/dbm to store and access our directory and
service information like for instance the Government Staff
Directory we also used it recently to inplement a web
based services locator, all the services were in a
directory and accessed via LDAP. LDAP is a lot more
slimline than using the full DAP/X500 stuff and therfore
works better with webservers etc... LDAP works well when
reads take priority over writes, it doesnt matter in our
Government staff directory if it takes a few minutes for
data to update but it would be a problem if it took a few
minutes to gfet at the data..

Hope i sound clear im well know for gibbering like a fool
:)

Mike Bissett

Download the free Opera browser at http://www.opera.com/

Free OperaMail at http://www.operamail.com/