[BNE-PM] A Welcome

Don Simonetta don.simonetta at tequinox.com
Tue Apr 10 20:46:30 CDT 2001

Hello all,
I've been meaning to send an email for a couple of weeks now.
My name is Don Simonetta, I work for Tequinox/Mincom (the former is a
division of the latter). We use perl very extensively here. One such use is
for resource monitoring. We have daemons (written in perl) for checking
machine availability (world-wide), and for scheduling modules (usually
written in perl) to monitor specific resources (eg cpu, disk, databases, and
applications such as MIMS). These processes run on various flavours of unix
and win32 too. So we cover a lot of area with our perl code.

We are actually in the process of looking for a new staff member to help
primarily on the perl stuff, but possibly moving into other areas. While I
really only meant to send this email to introduce myself to the group, I
suppose I'm also advertising for a position vacant. I hope this doesn't
violate any maillist rules. If this is OK, I will email a subsequent message
some time in the future to detail the vacant position.

cheers
Don