[BNE-PM] An ecommerce job (with Perl)

Gordon Fletcher gordon at tomatotechnologies.com.au
Sun Nov 26 18:09:09 CST 2000

Hi

It has been a long time since a message got through. I've had to
resubscribe with my work address. Has anyone been up to anything
interesting perl related or otherwise?

I've had an email from David Freund <david at definedfuture.com> about a
position
in the city (I think).

I've put the details below. I also had an email from a guy in Paris if
anyone's French skills are up to speed and they would like to (or can)
work in France.

"A client of mine in Brisbane is looking for a Senior
Ecommerce Developer to set up their B2C ecommerce backend. I have
attached a description as follows. They will pay extremely well for the
right person and the company is an outstanding leader in their field."

Senior E-Commerce Developer

· The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for the
technical implementation of the E-Commerce solution.

· They will be required to set-up and make decisions on the technical
direction for the E-Commerce solution

· They will need to maintain the E-Commerce solution

· The candidate will also need to support the development of the
company's E-Commerce solution on an ongoing basis

· This person will work closely with the web development team to develop
technical strategies and improve business processes that facilitate
customers doing business with the company online

· They will require a track record of successful E-Commerce system
development and implementation

Requirements

· Strong knowledge of HTML, DHTML, XML, SQL, PHP, Perl, JavaScript, ASP
and Apache

· Good understanding of web development tools and practices

· Ability to resolve development issues independently

· Work well in a small dynamic group

· Work well cross functionally

Contact David on the email above.

--