[BNE-PM] The suggestion box is open

Gordon Fletcher G.Fletcher at mailbox.gu.edu.au
Thu Oct 14 00:55:24 CDT 1999

Hi All

It seems to have been a while since anything got posted here I thought I
throw a couple of things out to the list.

First off - The suggestion box is open. Does anyone have any bright ideas
about what we could do as a group either online or in person? The more
suggestions the merrier. We've had a number of new members since our last
meeting so it would be good to get together to marvel at each others
smiling faces.

I've forwarded a message I just received from the AU distributers of
O'Reilly's - I think she wants to be friends - Do you have any suggestion
that I could perhaps forawrd on?

Last off - I've had a bit of a move in circumstances. I took a Internet
Development position with a new startup on the Gold Coast -
cashexplorer.com They've got some interesting ideas and it is primarily a
role that involves Perl. I'm happy.

Gordon

Subject: Great Deals for Perl Users..

	Hi there,

	I would like to introduce myself. My name is Katriona Roberts and I
am the Business Development Manager for non-retail business at Woodslane.

	Woodslane is the Australian distributor for O'Reilly & Associates,
as well as IDG Books Worldwide, Sybex Inc., and The Coriolis Group.

	We have also recently become the distributors for newly published
title, Object Oriented Programming with Perl by Damian Conway, published by
Manning books.

*	I am keen to talk with you in regards to what Woodslane can offer
your group, such as: discounts on books for both group and individual
purchases
*	sponsorship for your events
*	review copies of Perl books
*	freebies (such as t-shirts, bookmarks, posters, mugs, & bags) when
available.

	Please contact me on 02 9970 5111 ext. 145 or by e-mail on
katrionaro at woodslane.com.au to discuss what I can offer your group!

Regards,
Katriona Roberts
Business Development Manager