[BNE-PM] Playing the meeting tag game

Gordon Fletcher G.Fletcher at mailbox.gu.edu.au
Mon May 17 21:27:07 CDT 1999

Hi All

Welcome on board to those who joined in the last week. If the messages
have seemed somewhat obtuse in the last few days it is because we have
been trying to find a mutually OK time to get together (You're input is
most welcome too).

It looks like we're up for two sessions - one lunchtime and one evening.

How does an initial lunch at an 'Irish' pub in the city on a Friday sound?
We could follow that up with an afternoon/evening thing say a coffee shop
after work on a Friday (city again I suppose)?

The suggestion of a weekend could be good for a change too maybe outside
of the city (although West End type places get pretty busy then).

Does this sound OK? If I can get enough 'ayes' I set about arranging some
details for a couple of Fridays time.

I also got this info about www.sourcexchange.com from O'Reilly's
SourceXchange is an online exchange where sponsors with code
development needs and Open Source developers can meet to create
solutions together. Our framework makes it easy for sponsors to
support Open Source projects that address their specific
concerns--and it guarantees payment to the developers who
work on those projects. In addition, sourceXchange guarantees
developers that code written for an Open Source project will be
released under the appropriate Open Source license and will be
archived on a publicly available website so that anyone can
download and use it.

There has also been some cases in the US of Perl Monger groups being
spammed by IT headhunters. This has caused a flurry of concern although
the contact for the Melbourne.pm has intimated that they are not worried
by this. FYI mainly.

Gordon