[BNE-PM] Socket Error Anyone help with this one ?

Ramon Buckland r.buckland at qut.edu.au
Thu Aug 5 21:28:57 CDT 1999

Anyone able to help with this .. I am unsure if its
Socket.pm that the grief or some other section.

-----------8<-----------8<
#!/usr/bin/perl

use Net::Ping;
    my $host = 'localhost';

    my $p = Net::Ping->new();

    if (!$p->ping($host)) {

       print "host is alive\n";

    }

    $p->close();
-----------8<-----------8<

$perl pingtest.pl
Bad arg length for Socket::unpack_sockaddr_in, length is 0, should be 16 at
/usr/lib/perl5/i686-linux/5.00405/Socket.pm line 275.

???

I tried reinstalling Perl (it installed without error) (because Socket.Pm
comes in that
Version: 5.004_05 : Errors
Version: 5.005_02 : Errors

Any ideas ?

Ramon Buckland, IT Systems Administrator, Ph: 07 3864 1289 Fx: 07 3864 1823
Queensland University of Technology, Facilities Support Services
Email: r.buckland at qut.edu.au http: www.fss.qut.edu.au
"If you don't want problems, don't use computers" - author unkown