[Brazosvalley-pm] so, when's the next meeting? /

Scott Walters scott at slowass.net
Wed May 30 11:38:29 PDT 2012

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=YAPC or alternatively http://yapc.org or even
better http://yapcna.org.

Andy, did you get your duplicate filtering of large data problem
solved?  I saw the discussion after the fact.  I was going to suggest
SHA1 hashing the keys and using *that* to filter duplicates, which is
exactly what I do to remove duplicates in a large dataset I have.  I
may also be confusing you with someone else.  And yes, I'm spamming
brazosvalley.pm on purpose, encouraged by the (delayed) signs of life.
 Are you in this god forsaken hellhole?

YAPC is full but mst, apeiron and several other people, myself
included, are organizing a "Hallway++" track that roves nearby pubs,
recruiting speakers to give original talks or short versions of their
YAPCs talks, in addition to just, you know, hallway tracking it
(gabbing about Perl stuff and non-Perl stuff).  Hopefully the
Hallway++ plan will make more room for everyone.  JT has also said on
the list that he wouldn't throw anyone out, so if there's space
available at a talk you really want to see and you're crashing the
party, I say go for it.  YAPC has always been pretty chill.

So, when's the next meeting?  There's a biology grad student happy
hour Friday 4-8pm that I've been crashing that other people are
welcome to crash too.  It's at the bar (whose name I forget and never
noticed) right next door to the Freebird taco thing on the north side
of campus.  I'll make it a point to be there if anyone else is down.
Otherwise it's even odds for me.

-scott