[Brazosvalley-pm] from first meeting

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Thu May 18 10:05:55 PDT 2006

We finally had our first 'get together' this past Monday.  Seven people
showed up, which is great because it was a few more than I had expected.
As I mentioned that night, I'm working with the Houston group to prepare
a bid proposal to bring YAPC (Yet Another Perl Conference) to Houston
next year.  I'm not certain if the Houston group will want to take full
ownership or join with us as a partnership, but when I approached their
group leader with the idea of hosting YAPC::NA, my intent was as a
partnership between our groups.  If everyone likes the idea, I will
continue to pursue it as a partnership.  Jim mentioned that the group he
advises, Cepheid Variable, could possibly be a large part of our
volunteer base (and resource for conference advice).  That would be
great!

Ray had mentioned about possibly having a code review session.  I think
that's a great idea.  It would allow everyone to see various ways that
other people do things as well as possibly help the code being reviewed
to be more efficient.  This could also give some of the 'newbie' Perl
people exposure to some more advanced Perl programming.

Thanks to everyone that was able to make the social meeting.  I look
forward to meeting with everyone again.

Thanks,
Jeremy

http://brazosvalley.pm.org <http://brazosvalley.pm.org/>

Jeremy Fluhmann
Programmer/Analyst
Memorial Student Center
Texas A&M University
979-845-8893
jeremy at msc.tamu.edu

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail transmission
in error, please notify me by telephone or via return e-mail and delete
this e-mail from your system.