[Brazosvalley-pm] Next meeting and updates

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Mon Jul 10 06:31:00 PDT 2006

> > Also, once we can join the O'Reilly User Group, we should be able
> > to start having "giveaways" at meetings in hopes to increase
> > interest and attendance.  I've put up a section on the website for
> > book reviews.  If we can start to get some books to review from
> > O'Reilly (or any other publishers), then we can post our reviews
> > there.

> Marsee Henon at O'Reilly is the queen of the books and reviews for
> user groups.  She's great.  Do some reviews, she'll send the
giveaways.

> Other publishers like Apress are pretty good, too, but Marsee is very
> very responsive.  Apress may be good because they have a bunch of
> Perl titles that just came out.

Thanks Andy!  I've now signed our group up for O'Reilly, Apress, and New
Riders.  Now I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

After I gave a summary of YAPC to my supervisor, he said that your "Get
Out of Technical Debt Now!" talk alone was almost worth the entire cost
of the conference.  I'd say that it's the talk that I took the most away
from.

Thanks!
Jeremy