[Brazosvalley-pm] FW: Thanks for a great LinuxWorld!

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Wed Aug 23 08:06:32 PDT 2006

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Apress Newsletter
LinuxWorld 2006 edition
http://www.apress.com

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sections:
0. Hello, Again!
1. New and Forthcoming Titles
2. The Open Source eBook Bundle - Get Four eBooks for $50!
3. Apress betaBooks

*************************************

0. Hello, Again!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth and took a spin on our wheel
at LinuxWorld last week! It was an incredible three days that combined
reconnecting with old friends and introducing ourselves to many others.
We're already looking forward to doing it all again next year.

As you may have heard us exclaim in the booth, we like to keep busy here
at Apress. Read on and discover new and forthcoming titles, an eBook
bundle sale, and betaBooks.

*************************************

1. New and Forthcoming Titles

**Open Source**

**Recently Published**

Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition
1590595521 | February 2006 | $44.99
By W. Jason Gilmore

The Definitive Guide to Apache mod_rewrite
1590595610 | February 2006 | $39.99
By Rich Bowen

Beginning Apache Struts: From Novice to Professional
1590596048 | February 2006 | $44.99
By Arnold Doray

Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8: From Novice to Professional
1590595475 | March 2006 | $49.99
By W. Jason Gilmore and Robert H. Treat

Beginning Ubuntu Linux: From Novice to Professional
1590596277 | March 2006 | $39.99
By Keir Thomas

Pro PHP XML and Web Services
1590596331 | March 2006 | $49.99
By Robert Richards

Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional
1590595874 | April 2006 | $49.99
By Akkana Peck

Pro PHP-GTK
1590596137 | April 2006 | $44.99
By Scott Mattocks

Pro Nagios 2.0
1590596099 | April 2006 | $49.99
By James Turnbull

Pro Apache Geronimo
1590596420 | April 2006 | $39.99
By Kishore Kumar

Pro Apache XML
1590596412 | May 2006 | $44.99
By Poornachandra Sarang

The Definitive Guide to SQLite
1590596730 | May 2006 | $44.99
By Michael Owens

The Definitive Guide to db4o
1590596560 | June 2006 | $49.99
By Jim Paterson et al.

The Definitive Guide to GCC, Second Edition
1590595858 | August 2006 | $49.99
By William von Hagen

The Definitive Guide to Berkeley DB XML
1590596668 | August 2006 | $49.99
By Danny Brian

**Forthcoming**

Beginning Hibernate: From Novice to Professional
1590596935 | August 2006 | $39.99
By Dave Minter and Jeff Linwood

Pro Open Source Mail: Building an Enterprise Mail Solution
159059598X | September 2006 | $44.99
By Curtis Smith

Beginning SUSE Linux: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition
1590596749 | October 2006 | $44.99
By Keir Thomas

Practical OCaml
159059620X | October 2006 | $54.99
By Joshua B. Smith

**Web Development**

**Recently Published**

Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components
1590595807 | February 2006 | $49.99
by John R. Fallows and Jonas Jacobi

Ajax Patterns and Best Practices
1590596161 | February 2006 | $44.99
by Christian Gross

Beginning XML with DOM and Ajax: From Novice to Professional
1590596765 | June 2006 | $39.99
by Sas Jacobs

Beginning JavaScript(tm) with DOM Scripting and Ajax: From Novice to
Professional
1590596803 | July 2006 | $39.99
by Christian Heilmann

Pro Ajax and the .NET 2.0 Platform
1590596706 | July 2006 | $49.99
by Daniel Woolston

Pro Ajax and Java(tm) Frameworks
1590596773 | July 2006 | $49.99
by Ryan Asleson and Nathaniel T. Schutta

Practical Ajax Projects with Java(tm) Technology
1590596951 | July 2006 | $49.99
by Frank Zammetti

Beginning Google Maps Applications with PHP and Ajax: From Novice to
Professional
1590597079 | August 2006 | $34.99
by Michael Purvis, Jeffrey Sambells, and Cameron Turner

Beginning CSS Web Development: From Novice to Professional
159596897 | August 2006 | $34.99
By Simon Collison

**Forthcoming**

Building Flickr Applications with PHP
1590596129 | August 2006 | $34.99
by Rob Kunkle and Andrew Morton

Pro XML Development with Java(tm) Technology: From Professional to
Expert
159059706-0 | September 2006 | $39.99
By Ajay Vohra and Deepak Vohra

Beginning Ajax with PHP: From Novice to Professional
1590596676 | October 2006 | $44.99
by Lee Babin

Beginning Ruby on Rails E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional
1590597362 | September 2006 | $39.99
by Christian Hellsten and Jarkko Laine

*************************************

2. The Open Source eBook Bundle - Get Four eBooks for $50!

Yep, you read that right - four eBooks for $50! At a minimum of 50% off
the price of the printed book, our eBooks are already a great deal. But
as thanks for the great time we had, we wanted to offer you something
extra.

For a limited time, we've bundled together four of our most popular open
source titles: "From Bash to Z Shell: Conquering the Command Line,"
"Beginning Ubuntu Linux: From Novice to Professional," "Beginning GIMP:
>From Novice to Professional," and "Shell Scripting Recipes: A
Problem-Solution Approach."

>From now through August 31, you can purchase the bundle at
http://www.apress.com/promo/osbundle.html. Happy reading!

*************************************

3. Apress betaBooks

We know...nothing is more frustrating than finding the exact book you
need, only to discover that it won't publish for another month. Enter
the Apress betaBook program, which offers you the chance to read Apress
books on cutting-edge topics as those books develop, a chapter at a
time, weeks before the books hit the stores. Find out more at
http://www.apress.com/betabook.html

*************************************

All Apress titles are available through your favorite online and
brick-and-mortar bookstores. Contact sales at apress.com with any
questions.

Please note that we do not send unsolicited newsletters. You received
this because you signed up for our newsletter at a tradeshow or at
http://www.apress.com, or you were on an opt-in list. To be removed from
the Apress newsletter mailing list, please follow this link:
http://www.apress.com/misc/optout2.html?e=jfluhmann%40tamu.edu&h=13416ad
27b457618792a5033628fced7&l=20

For all other requests, please do not reply to this e-mail. Instead,
e-mail info at apress.com and we'll get back to you regarding your query.

Apress - The Expert's Voice(TM)
2560 Ninth St, Suite 219
Berkeley, CA 94710