[Brazosvalley-pm] Meetings

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Mon Apr 17 15:14:34 PDT 2006

So, here's my post on what I'm working on, interests, etc.

I've started working with some Ajax stuff (really just the
XMLHttpRequest object) using Perl on the backend.  It's been going
great, so far.  I've had to dive deeper in JavaScript, but it hasn't
been too bad.

Areas of experimentation and interest:

Perl

Perl Best Practices

HTML::Template

Ajax

CSS

JavaScript

I'll be going to Austin on the 10th to attend the "Designing and
Building with Ajax" workshop put on by Adaptive Path:
http://www.adaptivepath.com/events/2006/may/

I'm also hoping to attend the "Yet Another Perl Conference - North
America" in Chicago, June 26th - 28th: http://www.yapcchicago.org/
(registration - $85)

Once this listserv starts having more posts, I want to look into joining
the O'Reilly User Group and start reviewing Books.  Hopefully some of
you out there like to read new books and write reviews of them.  This
would help our group library grow tremendously.  We'll talk about how
that will work once we get ready to sign up.

Jeremy