[Boulder.pm] Roll call?

Kate rise at knavery.net
Tue Aug 21 16:10:54 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM, foo7775 at comcast.net wrote:

> With that in mind, I'd be grateful for any pointers to "newb-appropriate" resources where I could work through the rather basic questions. (Probably a safe bet that they'd be a bit annoying to the crowd here...)

Not so much a net resource, but the single most useful book for me in learning Perl was Christiansen & Torkington's "Perl Cookbook". I really like that it gave multiple solutions to just about everything and explained their tradeoffs & how they worked. It encourages copy & paste programming a lot less than just googling code snippets and gave me a much better idea of idiomatic Perl.

—
Kate Lynde