[Boulder.pm] Roll call?

Dave Gray yargevad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:33:10 PDT 2012

Still here, though like others, forgot I was subscribed. I work for a
software company based on the East coast, and we've also had problems
hiring Perl programmers, although the problem isn't just Perl, it
seems to be hard to find anyone who's good at anything but Java or
.NET really.

I code in Perl quite a bit, since it's the language I'm most efficient
with. Everything from small automation scripts to medium-sized
integration work all the way up to fairly large-scale system tools. My
favorite large-scale system to work on involves sucking data into
PostgreSQL from a variety of different databases and uses XS and OO
pretty heavily.

Been a long-time lurker, just moved back to Boulder from Denver, and
would like to get some more technical interaction going on. Are the
people who organized things in the past still around? Maybe we could
team up with http://boulderhackerspace.com/about/ for a place to meet,
which is another thing I've been curious about.

Dave