[Boulder.pm] Roll call?

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Aug 1 13:47:01 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:54:37AM -0600, Brennen Bearnes wrote:
> I'm still about. Hadn't even realized I was still signed up for this list.
>
> Most of my Perl these days is one-offs and small utilities (I'm stuck over
> here in PHP hell most of the time), but I did just attend a bunch of the
> Perl sessions at OSCON. Some good stuff there.

You have my sympathies.  PHP really is a horrific world for people who've
experienced better languages (which include . . . most languages).  I'd
much rather use a Perl/CGI script and Server-Side Includes than PHP if I
can get away with it, though that's not exactly a perfect working
environment, either.

I've been a lurker on this list since about 2005, I think, and this is
probably my first email to the list.  I haven't done much Perl
programming for several years, anyway; I've mostly been doing Ruby.  It's
interesting that this list suddenly revived a little at the same time I'm
in negotiations with a potential client who may want me to write some
Perl.  I've started reading Modern Perl as a way to dust off my Perl
skills while talking to the potential client.