[Boulder.pm] Roll call?

Walter Pienciak wpiencia at thunderdome.ieee.org
Wed Aug 1 11:48:41 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 03:57:58PM -0700, Kate Lynde wrote:
> I moved to Seattle a few years back and ended up working on a ton of
> horrible legacy Perl code, but I escaped (now it's all Ruby and non-legacy
> Perl) and I'm going to be back in the area for RubyConf.  I kind of miss
> the old hiking/disc golf meetups.
>
> Kate

Ah, yes, the hiking/snowshoeing/disc days.  For those of younger
list vintage, our meeting needs seemed to be met by group
activities outdoors, where the topics as we walked/played were
all over the map, though usually of a Perlish/Open Source/geeky
nature.

I'm still here.  IEEE Standards uses an apache/mod_perl setup,
and some of our critical apps are based on Rob Nagler et al's
bOP framework (Perl based).  Perl is alive and well at the IEEE.

Walter