[Boulder.pm] job listing

Walter Pienciak wpiencia at thunderdome.ieee.org
Tue Oct 14 09:02:16 PDT 2008

Hi,

Here's a job opening for a "Perl and C expert" sent to me.

----- Forwarded message from Allen Berge <allen at fieldpros.com> -----

From: "Allen Berge" <allen at fieldpros.com>
To: <walter at pienciak.org>

Hello Walter,

I found you on the Perl Mongers website and was hoping to network
with you.  I have a client in Boulder that has a full time
position open for a Perl and C expert.  Would you by chance know
anyone that may be a fit for the position below?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

Job Description:

Work in a small-team environment in the research, design,
development, and testing  of commercial software applications -
primarily for education and training industries. This position is
in a small, nimble group within a large, stable organization. The
primary responsibility of this position is to develop, maintain,
and extend Perl-based toolkits to support our commercial
projects. Secondarily, the position also involves working on
research and proof-of-concept prototypes.

Job Requirements:

*	10 years of professional programming experience on Unix/Linux
    platforms
*	Expert Perl and C programming skills
*   Proven ability to develop robust, production-quality code
*   Background in object-oriented design principles
*   Experience using Agile development methodologies
*   Commitment to test-driven *	development
*   Experience developing software tools, utilities, and
    libraries/components
*	Ability to work independently and as a key contributor in
	small teams

Education Requirements:

*	Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Advanced degree
    preferred.

Desirable Skills:

*	Understanding of algorithms, statistical analysis and modeling,
    machine learning
*	Understanding of information retrieval and text analysis
    techniques
*	Good mathematics and analytical skills
*	Understanding of Latent Semantic Analysis/Indexing
*	Java development experience
*	Familiarity with Ant, Eclipse, JUnit
*	Experience with software internationalization/localization

Desired Qualities:

*	Passion for quality software development
*	Desire to learn and share knowledge
*	An innovative and creative spirit
*	Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
*	Familiarity/fluency in multiple (human) languages

Allen Berge
Director of Recruiting
FieldPROS
allen at fieldpros.com