[Boulder.pm] Re: Perl developer required (fwd)

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Thu Sep 25 07:17:42 CDT 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:05:38 -0000 (GMT)
From: Todd Routt <todd at itzoom.com>
To: Walter Pienciak <walter at frii.com>
Subject: Re: Perl developer required

Walter Pienciak said:
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Todd Routt wrote:
>

>> If you're happy to let me post to your group, I can email you the copy
>> for
>> the posting once you give me the nod.
>>
>> I look forward to hearing from you.
>>
>> Todd
>
> This would be fine.

I really appreciate this Walter.

Posting:

Tech Start-up Seeks Perl Developer

We are a tech start-up developing an email service that will provide
custom email solutions to a large international professionals market; 30
million consumers worldwide.

The service is set apart from other facilities by way of technologies and
a large portfolio of profession related domain names – which allow users
to create email identities that enhance their professional image and
associate them with their profession.

Awareness of the service will be raised by establishing an extensive
affiliate marketing network, word-of-mouth recommendations, and in-house
PR (our management team has past experience with driving membership based
services from zero to one million users utilising these same traffic
driving techniques.)

Revenue generation will be through annual subscription fees, phasing in
further revenue channels after usage of the service matures.

Our business model benefits from fixed technology needs and low monthly
overheads.

To prove the viability of our business model, we plan to launch a
prototype facility with minimal capital investment by end of summer 2003.

In order to keep capital requirements to a minimum during test marketing,
a team of entrepreneurial minded professionals provide their time and
experience - on a part-time basis - in exchange for part ownership in the
business.  We currently seek a Perl Developer to complete this team.

The ideal candidate will be able to make a one-off programming commitment
of 30 to 45 hours (over a 30 day period) working remotely and in parallel
with our existing team of developers to complete the initial
implementation.

Required skills include: Perl5, UNIX (FreeBSD/or Linux), Web, CGI, DBI &
DBD, MySQL and LDAP (LDAP experience is not essential.)

If you are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please
contact me at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from all interested parties.

Best regards

Todd Routt
Founder

Email: todd at itzoom.com