[Boulder.pm] Spamassassin broke - File::Spec version

Charles Albrecht charlesa at pobox.com
Thu Jan 16 11:29:28 CST 2003

At 7:24 AM -0700 1/16/2003, Dave Price wrote:
>oops!
>
>I did a debian security update, and it broke my spamassassin.
>
>Noew i get:
>[07:22:18][davep at dbx:~]$ spamassassin
>File::Spec version 0.8 required--this is only version 0.6 at
>/usr/local/lib/site_perl/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 66.
>BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
>/usr/local/lib/site_perl/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 66.
>
>-
>I tried rebuilding spamassassin (no errors) as well as going to cpan for
>a new File::Spec - no joy.
>
>Any ideas how to go about fixing this?

If you've installed the latest 0.82, it might be possible that the security update messed with @INC and you're not seeing your site_perl early enough. A quick test would be to pull the 0.6 version and see whether spamassassin is happier, but if it's problems with @INC, it's naturally better to fix them if you generally leave the original modules in place when you upgrade into site_perl.

-Charles
 charlesa at pobox.com