[boulder.pm] DSL in Boulder

Keanan Smith KSmith at netLibrary.com
Mon Sep 16 11:21:59 CDT 2002

As off-topic as it is, I know what you mean, Qwest's internet service is
garbage, and their support is abysmal (Well, worse than that, I think they
*try* to drive away buisness).

I've switched to a cable modem from AT&T and it works well enough, haven't
have any major problems (I've lost service for about an hour twice in a year
and a half) I typically hit speeds determined by the other endpoint more
often than I do mine (I appear to top out around 100-200kBPS, depending on
the day, time, whatever randomness exists), and the service is resonably
priced. I wouldn't say there's anything spectacular about it, but it works.
:)

Theoretically, Cable Internet should slowly degrade as more people start
getting on the same circut as you are, however, since there's not really any
way to tell, you'd just have to try it out and see what you get (It's fine
in my house, but I live in southern boulder)

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Skitt [mailto:skitt at colorado.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 12:16 AM
To: boulder-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org
Subject: [boulder.pm] DSL in Boulder

Hey all,

I know this is off topic but I thought this was the best place to look for
advise. I live at 30th and Aurora and have DSL through Qwest/MSN. I pay for
256/256 and realistically get 25kbps either way. Qwest screwed me out of my
student discount and those speeds are terrible so I'm looking to cancel my
service with them, and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with
other
providers in the area, and could offer me some advise or suggestions on my
options?

Thanks a bunch,
-Bill