[boulder.pm] meeting?

Myke Komarnitsky myke at komar.org
Tue Sep 3 16:56:16 CDT 2002

At 01:06 PM 9/3/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>mod_perl and our infrastructure caches all files.  If you are
>installing a new release, you just install it and restart the server.
>No worries about "woops, file disappeared in new release, but still
>serving old files".

Getting back to the meeting talk, I would love (and definitely come to) a
presentation on mod_perl.... specifically:

1) when:  when does a site really NEED to be done in mod_perl?  I've heard
anecdotal speed increases, but more the brass tacks.
2) how: code snippets, setting up persistent db connections, perhaps sample
'old' perl code and what it takes to migrate to mod_perl

I've tried to dip my foot in this pool a number of times and have been
thrwarted.  Plus, I have a couple of projects that might be extremely
relevant to this soon.

My $.02,
Myke

Michael Komarnitsky      Komar Consulting Group
303.818.3718             http://www.komar.biz
http://climbingboulder.com
http://myke.komar.org
-