[boulder.pm] meeting?

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Tue Sep 3 13:35:11 CDT 2002

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Rob Nagler wrote:

> Chip Atkinson writes:
> > It's not something sophisticated, but it's what we have.  We have to use
> > cgi-bin scripts rather than php.
>
> How about considering mod_perl?  It's faster and more reliable than
> cgi imo.

I'm a mod_perl user myself, but use CGI also.  mod_perl is faster than CGI,
certainly.  But more reliable?  I'm not sure what you're referring to.
What is unreliable about the CGI mechanism?  It's limited, sure, but it
works.  Care to expand on your comment?  I'm tempted to assert the opposite:
that for many applications, the CGI approach is simpler and less prone to
gotchas -- hence more robust/reliable.

Walter