[boulder.pm] meeting?

Chip Atkinson chip at rmpg.org
Tue Sep 3 11:37:39 CDT 2002

Ok, personally I'd rather have the meeting at your place, but... :-)

It's not something sophisticated, but it's what we have.  We have to use
cgi-bin scripts rather than php.  The two main reasons for this are that
it's the way it's been done in the past and that our version of Oracle
(7.x) doesn't work with php.  Actually php seems to have a bug in it that
prevents reliable data retrieval from Oracle.  Also, we weren't able to
integrate perldb either due to some problems building.  I think our oracle
installation is a bit weird too.

Anyway, what I decided to do was to make a kind of php functional
emulator.  It goes through and grabs the code between <% and %> and evals
it.  It works halfway decently but it's no php.

I'll write more when I can.

Chip