[boulder.pm] Hmm, now this is either the most boring list ever,or it's broken :)

svq svq at peakpeak.com
Thu Jun 20 15:03:21 CDT 2002

Luke Palmer wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Keanan Smith wrote:
>
> > So, the question is which, I've recieved no messages of any kind from this
> > list in the two weeks since I put myself on it,
> > and I was really hoping for some fun/silly nerdy perl-type conversations,
> > which I could randomly participate in...
> >
> > So is this list broken, or am I going to have to start a conversation by
> > myself?
>
> You just did. So... how 'bout that Perl 6?  Do any of you guys write to
> perl6-language or perl6-internals (i.e. do I know you)?  Also, what fields
> does everybody work in; what do they use perl for?
>
> I'm just a recreational programmer, and I teach Perl to small groups of
> people on occasion.  Yep.
>
> Oh yeah, so has everyone read through Apocalypse 5?  What do you think of
> Larry's tear-down-and-rebuild regex thing?
>
> This should keep conversation going for at least ten minutes :)
>
> Luke

I've belonged to the list for a while and have never seen any activity on it
before. In fact, I had pretty much forgotten about it. I figured everyone who
used perl was like me and knew everything there was to know. :)

I have not yet used perl professionally. In fact it has been a couple of months
since I used it at all. My purpose for joining the list was just to read and
try and understand other peoples problems so that it would maybe stay in my
head after reading a couple of books on it. That hasn't been working out very
well as you may have guessed.

Maybe some good perl discussion will ensue after this?
Steve Queen