[boulder.pm] web-based mail reader

rise rise at knavery.net
Fri Oct 26 13:41:18 CDT 2001

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Walter Pienciak wrote:

> - POP and/or IMAP are nice, but it has to be able to read the
>   >>>>>local Unix mail files<<<<<

So the standard "talk to a local-only IMAP daemon" isn't workable?  Any
particular reason why (other than that it adds another layer of
complexity)?

> - Perl.  (Well, not really required, but adding this is the best
>   way to make the post arguably on-topic.  ;^)

I'd have thought the almost inevitable mail-box locking schemes Holy War
would have done that.  If you can't find fruitful ground for obscure and
crufty Perl snippets in that we might as well all go home.

> I'd run this through SSL.  On Unix.  With Apache.  mod_perl.  mod_php.

Okay.  I've just got to ask - why both mod_perl & mod_php?

--
Jonathan Conway 	   "Reverse Polish LISP" - for those times Forth
rise at knavery.net            just isn't on enough crack.