[boulder.pm] web-based mail reader

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Fri Oct 26 12:32:16 CDT 2001

I'm considering setting up a web-based mail interface for
my family domain.

I could reinvent the wheel.
Or, I could install one of the (apparently) zillion solutions out
there in the open-source world.  Anyone have an opinion?

Features I need:

- POP and/or IMAP are nice, but it has to be able to read the

- crypto support would be nice, but not required.  (I'm not sure
  my mom has a PGP/GPG key.)

- FREE.  This is a family toy, not a business.

- Perl.  (Well, not really required, but adding this is the best
  way to make the post arguably on-topic.  ;^)

I'd run this through SSL.  On Unix.  With Apache.  mod_perl.  mod_php.

Walter