[boulder.pm] mod_perl

rise rise at knavery.net
Thu May 17 18:16:15 CDT 2001

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Walter Pienciak wrote:

> The LAN/MAN standards release went off without a hitch. My
> apache/mod_perl server never broke a sweat (I had a little access
> handler installed that returned a 503 message to robotic agents not
> known to me as existing customer setups),

Were spiders/download agents a big chunck of the incoming connections?

> but the company's 2 network connections were saturated for most of 2
> days.

Congrats.  Would you say IEEE is taking this level of interest as
vindication of the concept?

> It was fun; now, back to the real world and less interesting projects.

Clearly it's time for another hike.  Anyone interested?

--
Jonathan Conway 	   The thing about Unix is that all the hoops are
rise at knavery.net           flaming, so at least you know where they are...