[boulder.pm] line/loop optimization?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue May 8 11:27:34 CDT 2001

Ok,  I'm currently reading in a "config file" that says something like,

OPTION1=value1
OPTION2=value2
OPTION3=value3
OPTION4=value4
OPTION5=value5

and then reading in a template file that will have OPTIONX embeded.  The
values will likely change per run so they can't be hard coded.  I'm
currently doing something like this:

@Keys=keys(%ConfigOptions);
while(<TemplateIn>) {
  chomp;
  $Line=$_;
  foreach $i (@Keys) {
    $Line =~ s/$i/$ConfigOptions{$i}/;
  }
}

Is there a better way to do a line by line substitution instead of looping
through @Keys each line?

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!