[boulder.pm] another forward

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Mon Mar 19 14:54:45 CST 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:46:52 -0600
From: owner-boulder-pm-list at pm.org
To: boulder-pm-list-approval at pm.org
Subject: BOUNCE boulder-pm-list at pm.org:    Non-member submission from
    ["Joel Sevinsky" <sevinsky at colorado.edu>]

>From walter at frii.com Mon Mar 19 13:46:51 2001
From: "Joel Sevinsky" <sevinsky at colorado.edu>
To: <boulder-pm-list at pm.org>
Subject: double posts
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:48:17 -0700

Hello All,

	I have a question for everyone.  I belong to many lists and two lists in
particular have given me an annoying problem.  The first is a gene array
list for molecular biology.  It seems whenever I receive mail from this list
I get it in duplicate when I use Microsoft Outlook, but every other method
(pine, mail) shows only single messages.  Even Outlook itself thinks it is
downloading single messages but two identical messages appear in my Gene
Array folder.  The owners of that list have no idea how this is happening
but say that many people are experiencing the same problem.
	The reason I am asking this group is because a week ago (approximately) I
started receiving double posts from this list.  Does anyone have any idea
why?  I know that the simple and most agreeable solution is to stop using
Microsoft Outlook, but I have many years of grad school all on Win9x and
just 8 more months to go until I get my PhD, burn all the Win9x stuff to
disk, and use Linux full time.  Any help would be appreciated, particularly
if there was any software or hardware changes pertaining to how the list
mail is distributed.  Thanks.

Joel