[boulder.pm] incoming message from the big giant head?

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Wed Jan 31 10:58:26 CST 2001

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Jim Baker wrote:

> I just got back from the hiking, and I must say this is a very enjoyable way
> to spend some time and do even a little professional sharing and
> brainstorming.  I got some useful feedback from Jonathan on a problem I'm
> working on (solution: use feedback!); and Walter introduced me to the 3rd
> Flatiron trail, which is a very nice hike.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Jim

I had an excellent time.  I'm pretty quiet sometimes, and in this case
had fun listening to stuff I know nothing about.  (Gosh, that's just
about anything, really.)

Plus, I was out of the virtual reality that my head is stuck in 40-60
hours/week.  When I get out into the real world, away from constructs and
abstractions, I find that my stress levels go down a LOT.

Thanks for the conversation.

A note of warning to anyone thinking about coming next time:  Jon
quite evilly tried to tempt me into the Softpro bookstore afterward
"just to look around."  Sure.  Like I could resist buying something.

Walter