[boulder.pm] good book

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Thu Aug 16 10:24:28 CDT 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Jason Van Slyke wrote:

> Just got my hands on a copy of "Debugging Perl" by Martin Brown. Read over
> 200 pages this weekend (I wasn't feeling well and was pretty much house
> bound, sssoooo :| . Some 1st ed "bugs" in the book, but good form and
> informative in my opinion.
>
> Has anyone gotten into the "Perl Debugged" book yet?
>
> jvs

Hi, Jason,

I have a copy, but haven't gotten to it yet.  It sounds like nobody
else has, either.

I still owe a review for Meltzer's and Michalski's 'Writing CGI
Applications with Perl'.  I really like this book.  It has clear
examples of *good* code and covers a lot of material in a sane
order and level of detail.  This is the best book I've seen so
far for learning CGI stuff.  Highly recommended.  The examples
aren't contrived, but are examples of things you actually have
to do in the real world.  And they're nice people.

(This wasn't the review; I'll actually finish that sometime and
post it.)

Walter