[boulder.pm] directions for tonight

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Wed Sep 13 13:32:45 CDT 2000

Since I typed directions for a person coming down from Fort Collins,
I thought I'd spew them onto the list for anyone else to use:

Okay, then . . .

Down Diagonal (119) all the way to the K Mart at the intersection of
Diagonal and Route 36 (28th St.)  Bear slightly right (straight
west) at the traffic light onto Iris.

Take Iris all the way to Broadway (there's a traffic light).
Make a left (south).

After a mile or so, make right (NO traffic light) onto Mapleton.
The streets on the right preceding Mapleton are Balsam, Alpine,
North, Portland, Maxwell.

Mapleton is a residential street with stop signs.  Take your time,
enjoy the views of the Flatirons peeking out between the houses on
the left.  Mapleton houses cost many dollars.

The trailhead (and diagonal parking) will be on the right once you're
through the residential section, (1/2 to 3/4 mile) and there's a
trailhead sign. There's probably going to be no parking spots, so go
further up the road to some overflow parking on the left.

At the trailhead, there's a covered concrete pad with (I think) a
picnic table underneath.  I'll be lurking there and wearing a
Perl shirt.

The top has a *very* nice view, but can be breezy.

See you at 7,

Walter